Sunday, January 27, 2013

Coping with Loss



There is a movie idea that has been bouncing around in my head lately. The general concept behind it is the different ways people cope with traumatic events, tragedies, or difficult times. The idea for writing it would be something like a bunch of little vignettes each with a different main character. The vignettes would all take place a week or so after something major happening in the person's life - death of a loved one, end of a marriage, natural disaster, etc. There is an underlying point I want to make, but i'll leave that to come out in the story itself.

However, the point is with this on my mind I re-watched some of Buffy Season 6 - a season that is not my favorite. I realized that this season could easily be renamed - "How to not cope with loss." Going to have to re-watch the whole season now with this in mind. Sad. One of these days I will give a more in depth post about this topic. Any reason to write about Buffy or Firefly!




No comments:

Post a Comment