Saturday, October 13, 2012

What I Am Reading and Looking at Now

Since my last update of this sort I have let my reading load spiral out of control. I have 8ish books going at the moment. Today I got closer to finishing two.

The Prague Cemetery is now done.
Living in the End Times is on stall.
Collected Poems of Yeats are amazing.
The Hidden Reality is going to be reengaged with soon.
The Odyssey is going kinda.
Building Stories needs some attention
Sandman Vol. 6 is perhaps my favorite thus far
Stories of John Cheever are always a pleasure to read in small doses

I set out to spend a good deal of the day knocking more of these out. I ended up blogging on my personal blog, writing a poem, writing in a journal type thing I keep, going for a run, and funding some kickstarters. Not all that successful.

Anyways, look as these cool paintings:




I think they are cool so I thought I would share.

Anyways, expect a review of The Prague Cemetery soon along with my thoughts on some short stories I have been reading by various authors.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading your final analysis of The Prague Cemetery, as it is continuing to call out to me from bookshop tables!

    I, too, didn't manage to completely finish Living in the End Times, but I think even just reading odd chunks of it is still informative and entertaining. I really should go back to it at some point, but like you, I've let my reading load spiral a little out of control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about Living in the End Times. Reading a chapter at a time I still feel I get a lot. It just takes sooo much time to really get through it and get everything out of it. I put it on my classics list though!

      Delete